Wednesday, February 24, 2010

1st UFO finished!

This is a water color quilt that I started in 2009. I'm keeping this one. I just need to figure out where I want to hang it. This is a shot of the backing. I didn't have a piece large enough for the backing so I pieced the back. The floral is what I used for the front. I fussy cut a lot of pieces for the top. I love the effect.

This is a shot of the label.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Eye glasses case

Last night, I took the leftover block from the quilt top and made a glasses case out of it. I used that tool for sewing/quilting parallel lines on my machine to help keep the lines straight.

Thursday, February 18, 2010


I'm slowly making some progress here. I finally got these blocks pieced into a top. I'm debating a border. The plan for these blocks included a border. It sure feels good to have this much done. I don't make scrappy blocks like this anymore. The blocks have a foundation that makes for a heavier quilt. We don't need heavier quits in this area of southeast Texas. I'm going to quilt the leftover block and make it into an eye glasses case.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February-getting a late start

This is an old UFO in progress. I have started working on it several times this year. There have been a lot of distractions here so far this year. I started working on this again Monday and I hope to stay at it daily until it's done! These blocks were made the way I used to make scrappy quilts. There is a foundation under each block. It makes the quilts heavier and too heavy for nights in southeast Texas. These blocks were left over from several projects. I will probably keep this quilt as a reminder of my earlier days of piecing.