Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1st

To start off this effort I'm starting with 3 projects. The 13 blocks below were going to be the start of a bed sized quilt. The center fabric has been misplaced and I'm no longer interested in making a large quilt with these blocks. I'll be making a tote bag with 12 of the blocks and I'm not sure what I'll be doing with the left over block. I plan to work on this project a little each day until it's done. The project below was a block of the month called "Gulf Coast Lighthouses". I've lost interest in it. I'll be posting it on ebay today.
This UFO below is leftover half square triangle blocks from another project. I've held on to these for several years, I've lots interest in them and I'm going to give them away. I know a quilter that likes to work with pieces like these. I'll be mailing them to her tomorrow.




1 comment:

  1. Way to go Debbie! I'll be rooting you on! My mother in law and I are getting ready to do a major destash effort too. An attempt to reduce our stashes of fabric and patterns we no longer want. What a cleansing experience! Also, what a great idea, to give away those UFOs to more loving homes instead of toiling away to finish them if you really have no interest in them any more. Keep up the good work and I'll be checking back soon!

    Anna
    (TexasQuilters)

    ReplyDelete